Tuesday, January 8, 2013

1/8/13

Hello New Year!
I haven't gone away forever. I've been busy working on the house after Little Dude is asleep. Big Dude got his new orders and left for his new dusty station on October. Little Dude and I are still here at the house. I have some work to do before I can rent it out. Painting (a lot of painting), flooring (both upstairs baths and pantry), grouting (the master shower that is taking FOREVER), new fence panels (2), fix the deck (replace warped baards, screw down where nails popped up, power wash, and stain), fix the gate, mulch the flower beds. It's been a struggle having 2 households, both financially and emotionally. Little Dude loves Skyping each evening with his daddy.
My days turned into a boring routine. Wake at 7, breakfast, Morning Little Dude time, lunch, nap (research on how to do the things I was planning to do/ clean house), afternoon Little Dude time, clean house. Make dinner at 4, eat at 5, Skype at 6, bath, bed at 6:30, dishes/ straighten house, work on house/more research, shower, bed at 10 (or 11).
Some weekends Big Dude was able to come home and it was nice to be together as a family again. For Christmas I went up there and was able to spend 2 whole weeks with no projects to work on and have a nice Christmas. As nice as it was to be there I got bored. I'm so used to being so busy as night that I didn't know what to do with myself. So I now have a whole bunch of pinterest stuff to try and fit in my day.
I want to make more of my family's food homemade. I plan to try one new thing each week homemade, rather than it's store bought counterpart. This week's project was inspired by the Pioneer Woman. Long story short, last week I saw an episode where children where there for a sleep over and she made breakfast for dinner. One of the dishes was tater tots. Looks easy enough (don't these things always though?) and I've got some potatoes looking for a new home in my belly, so that's my project for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment